It's a new year and a time for fresh starts, resolutions and great Rock & Roll. There are lots of albums in the pipeline for 2013 and we've compiled a list of the top 5 albums we're looking forward to being released this year. What do you think of our choices? Do they come close to your Top 5? What did we miss? Share your feedback with us below.
1. Queens of the Stone Age – Long Live The Queen(s)… of the Stone Age that is. Word is that their much anticipated 6th album is due out before June. Why are we so excited about the QOTSA? Let us count the reasons: 1. Dave Grohl is on drums!! 2. Trent Reznor told fans on Reddit that he’s working on a song with Josh Homme. 3. In a Facebook post we learned that Nick Oliveri laid down vocals for at least one track on the album.
2. Black Sabbath – There was much rejoicing heard around the world on October 23rd last year. That’s when the band posted on their web site, “We are all set to record a new song in the studio today!” Not only are we looking forward to the new album because it’s Black Sabbath, but also because it’s being produced by the mega talented Rick Rubin. Reports are the new Sabbath LP will be released in April.
3. Alice in Chains – We got the good word from Jerry Cantrell in early December in an interview with Guitar World that Alice in Chains had wrapped up recording their fifth studio album. They also released a video for the new single “Hollow” in December that featured Instagram photos from fans. The song will be available on iTunes on January 8th. Let’s hope the whole album will follow shortly after that.
4. Black Keys – 2013 is already shaping up to be a great year for The Black Keys. The band from Akron scored 5 Grammy nods (Record Of The Year, Album of the Year, Best Rock Performance, Best Rock Song & Best Rock Album) and one for Dan Auerbach for Producer Of The Year - Non-Classical. Back in October of 2012 Patrick Carney told CBS Local “We’re going to start making a new album in January.” This month you may catch us day dreaming about how cool it would be to be in the studio as the album comes together.
5. Nine Inch Nails – Our anticipation of new NIN music started after a November 2012 interview Trent Reznor gave to Rolling Stone magazine. When asked about if he’d be working with NIN again he responded, "All signs point to yes... Yeah, there will be new music. There are some things in the works.” Please Trent, make our wish for 2013 come true and confirm a date when we’ll have new NIN tracks and dare we say an album.
Ozzy and Sharon Reunite at Hollywood Event Over the Weekend
Over the weekend, Rock and Roll’s first couple, Ozzy and ...